With the aim to take immediate and responsible action to address the spread of coronavirus (Covid-19), we inform you that we have taken a series of measures to ensure the safety of both our Clients and Members of Staff and to assure the uninterrupted offering of our services.
Subject: COVID-19 UPDATE (1)
We are communicating with you in order to update you on the measures taken by Eurobank Cyprus Ltd (the Bank) in order to ensure the uninterrupted offering of our services in response to the outbreak of COVID-19. Our Bank is carefully monitoring the events and the Cyprus government’s recommendations in close coordination with the Eurobank Group in order to minimise the impact of COVID-19 to its clients, its staff, its business associates and the community in general.
Measures to limit exposure and spreading of the COVID-19
• As of last week, a number of our staff have been working from home
• Our critical departments have or will be split in different locations to ensure continuity of service
• As of today, all meetings with customers will be taking place over the telephone or videoconference. Should there be a need for a physical meeting, this will be arranged by special appointment
Banking Centres and day to day operations
As of Monday 16/03/2020, the following will apply:
• The maximum number of clients that may be inside the Bank’s premises for the execution of over the counter transactions will be one for each counter. Clients are kindly requested to wait outside the Bank’s premises and the door will open for the next client only when there is space availability
• Access to the public for over the counter transactions at the following Banking Centres will NOT be available:
o Nicosia Main Banking Centre
Address: 41 Arch. Makarios Avenue, 1065, Nicosia
o Limassol Kolonakiou Banking Center
6 Spyrou Kyprianou Street, 4040 Limassol, Cyprus
Clients for over the counter transactions in Nicosia will be serviced ONLY at the following locations and that the working hours for over the counter transactions are amended as follows, as from Wednesday 8 of April 2020 and until further notice:
Monday - Friday : 8:15 - 14:00
o Nicosia - Limassol Avenue Banking Center
Address: 71 Limassol Avenue, 2121 Nicosia, Cyprus
o Engomi Banking Center
1, 28th October Avenue, 2414 Engomi,
Clients for over the counter transactions in Limassol will be serviced ONLY at the following location:
o Limassol Makariou Banking Centre
Address: 195 Arch. Makarios Avenue, 3030, Limassol
• Visits to the Safe Deposit Boxes in all our Banking Centres can only take place after appointment
• Envelopes that are being delivered to the Bank will be placed in boxes and they will not be processed until the following day. Should you wish for a same day processing, you may send your instructions through fax and/or email by applying the existing security measures (i.e. OTP codes etc)
• We strongly urge you to use our electronic channels where applicable. This is and always will be the quickest and most efficient way to execute your transactions
All other divisions of the Bank will continue to operate as per the above provisions, with contact effected through telephone, videoconference, email or fax.
We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for the continued trust you place with our Bank and ask you to be patient with us during this challenging period as some transactions may take longer to process than before. As you already know, Eurobank Cyprus Ltd has a very strong capital base and liquidity position and we will support our clients during this demanding period.
At the same time, we kindly ask you to be vigilant during these times to possible attempts for fraud, as it has been evidenced that fraudsters find opportunities in times of business disruptions to deceive people and businesses.
As always, your responsible officer is at your disposal in order to address any questions that you may have. You may also contact our call centre at +357-80088822.
We will continue communicating with you in frequent intervals and when it is deemed appropriate.
To download the above announcement please click here
Eurobank Cyprus Ltd